RULES & JUDGING CRITERIA
- Each photo must be titled with the photographer’s name, category & photo name.
- Photos must be between 2-4 MB each in JPEG format (Photos chosen for exhibition will be printed in 8”x10” dimensions) and at least 300 dpi.
- A photo release form needs to accompany images showing recognizable faces. Photo release forms can be downloaded here.
- Photos must be taken within Japantown’s original footprint.
- Photos may be taken with smartphones and connected with other social media platforms at the photographer’s preference. You may tag your photo with #EXPOSEDphotocontest
- Must complete all parts of the application and pay $10 entry fee to be considered for judging. Entry fee is waived for those 18 and under.
- To qualify for the youth bracket, participant must be 18 years of age or younger as of 10/31/13. For those under 18 years of age, it is required that a parent or guardian also sign the participating youth's entry form (download here).
- Individuals may only submit online or by mail or email. Individuals may not submit to all.
- Entries containing nudity or illegal/crude content will not be accepted.
- A photographer can win in more than one category.
- The photo must meet all guidelines, be formatted correctly and entry fee must be paid if applicable (this will be checked by SCIDpda prior to judges reviewing any submissions).
- Relevance: how well does the photo represent the category that it is in?
Judges may change the category of a photo if they think it is a stronger representation of another category.
- Artistic vision: does the image tell a story, is original, or shot from a creative angle?
- Overall impression: does the image grab the viewer's attention and hold it? Is there a "wow" factor?
MAP OF JAPANTOWN'S ORIGINAL FOOTPRINT
to view larger.